To View Oldest Post First

My blog is meant to have the oldest viewed first and then scroll down, which is not possible. So this is my possible way around it.
Click here to view oldest post first

My Theory that lead to My Concoction

     Ok, I've been thinking about why some many black women have relaxed their natural curls. And I have come to a conclusion:  it's the media and the market.

     During my natural hair journey, I've noticed that I have been having to spend a little, not a lot, of extra time to make my own products for my hair. Looking at the market, most "black hair care" products are for relaxed hair.This is probably why so many of us caved to the assimilation and relaxed our natural curls. Cause someone else deemed them not beautiful.

     So, since so many shared their homemade recipes with me, I'm going to share one that I have come up with.  Natural black hair needs lots of moisturizers, and I love Olive Oil.  I used this to revive my curls when I had my straw set and I spray this on my scalp with the Senegalese Twist I have now, helps with the itching and stays moisturized. 


Homemade Concoction 
1 Teaspoonful of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Teaspoonful of  100% Aloe Vera Gel (It should be clear; found at Walmart or Vitamin Shoppe)
1 Teaspoonful of Jane Carter's Nourish & Shine (Pricey; found at Vitamin Shoppe)
2 Teaspoonsful of Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol (Leave in Conditioner; Sally's)
1 Teaspoonful of SoftSheen Carson's Shea Butter Green Tea Hairdress (Walgreens)
1 Teaspoonful of Luster's Pink Olive Oil Hair Lotion (Walmart)
1 Teaspoonful of Tea Tree Oil  (Walmart)
1 Teaspoonful of Jojoba Oil ("Black Hair Store") 

I combine the above in a pot and add water to it, (as much as you see fit;  I put this in a spray bottle and I filled the bottle up just over 1/4 of the way) .  I simmered it on Medium heat until it looked uniform.  Mine came out a creamy yellow color and a creamy consistency. 

No comments:

Post a Comment