To View Oldest Post First

My blog is meant to have the oldest viewed first and then scroll down, which is not possible. So this is my possible way around it.
Click here to view oldest post first

Breakage v.s. Shedding

     Ok so I've come to terms with somethings and just in case I'm not the only misinformed person, I want to share with you.  THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SHEDDING AND BREAKAGE.

     So as you know I have been transitioning from relaxed to natural and I was starting to freak out. I was expecting some breakage in my hair considering where the relaxed hair meets your natural hair is a weak point, so ofcourse I was looking into protective styles.  A protective style is exactly what it looks like it means,  It is a way in which you style your hair that is low maintenance and minimizes the damage hair can receive from daily style routines such as combing, brushing and heat.  So most of my first protective styles would last anywhere from 4-10 days, and when I would wash/co-wash or detangle my hair I was amazed at how much hair was in my comb.

    The average person sheds about 70-100 strands of hair daily from brushing and combing.  This is normal.  However, when you have had your hair in a style for 10 days and wash your hair and detangle, you can expect to find more hair in your comb.  Assume you have been wearing a protective style for 10 days and we will also assume you normally would have shed 100 strands of hair per day, Well 10 days x 100 strands per day = 1000 on the day that you finally use a comb which is and can seem like a lot but do not be alarmed.  What you do need to check your hair for is breakage.  This is when the hair has weaken for whatever reason (due to poor diet or your beauty regime). THIS IS BAD and you should always address the breakage ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment